Since October 2013 post-doctoral Grantholder at the JRC-European Commission, at the Sustainability Assessment Unit of the Institute for Environment and Sustainability.
Duties: modelling of ecosystem services at European level in response to the land-use changes simulated in the LUISA platform
Pre-doctoral research fellow
At the Biodiversity and Landscape Ecology Lab (Forest and Techonology Centre of Catalonia). January 2006 - December 2009.
Duties: writing of the thesis, bird censuses in burned areas and participation in the following projects:
* Spanish woodlands and global change: threats and opportunities (Consolider-MONTES)
* Implementation of territorial information systems in the net of open areas in the Barcelona province - Birds as indicators of ecological and landscape changes
* Dynamics of bird distributions in mosaic Mediterranean landscapes affected by large fires
At the Laboratory of Functional Ecology and Global Change (Forest and Techonology Centre of Catalonia). December 2003 - Desember 2005. Duties: coordination of field and laboratory work, plant censuses in mountain gransslands, data analyses, reports and manuscripts. Participation in the following projects:
* Carbon balances in mountain grassland ecosystems
* Effects of land-use changes on sources, sinks and fluxes of carbon in European mountain areas
In the chemical analysis laboratory at the Department of Soil Ecology at Bitök (University of Bayreuth, Germany). September 2001 - June
Within the Erasmus-Socrates framework at the University of Bayreuth, Germany (September 2001 - September 2002). Supervised by Prof. Dr. Erwin Beck. Title: 'Phytosociological analysis from a secondary tropical forest at the cloud forest in Ecuador'.